Wednesday, July 11, 2018

MBA PROGRAM CHAPTER ONE




Introduction

In this globalization age consumers are become very conscious about their rights and that is why every business organization emphasizes on consumerism. Organizations always try to satisfy their consumers. Banking is a service organization also tries to satisfy their clients. But now a day competitive in banking sector increased very quickly. Now the competitive is very intensive. Banks are always provided new strategies for getting competitive advantages. They include new product categories, prices, promotional activities and other modern banking facilities to satisfy existing clients and to attract new clients.
Also customers are very dynamic. Their needs are growing which increase their demand too. So, it is very tough to satisfy the customer needs entirely. Islami Bank, Dhaka Bank, Brac Bank and Prime Bank are the most established Banks in Bangladesh. These four Banks competing each other very intensively. That is why I tried to find out the major marketing strategies and to measure the satisfaction level of customer of these four banks.  
Methodology

Objective of the study
° To know the banking system of private scheduled banks in Bangladesh.
° To measure the customer satisfaction level of clients towards various functions of bank services.
° To identify the effective policy and strategy of private scheduled banks in Bangladesh
° To find out the problems regarding existing marketing policy & strategy followed by the Private Scheduled Banks of Bangladesh.
° To recommend how to develop the clients satisfaction level by developing appropriate marketing strategies.  



Methodology
In order to find out the marketing strategies and measure the customer satisfaction level of private scheduled bank of Brac Bank, Dhaka Bank, Islami Bank and Prime Bank I have used various method to collect and present data. Mainly I used two types of data for this purpose-
1.     Primary data
2.     Secondary data
Primary data: This report has prepared through extensive use of primary data. It is collected from group of people who are related with this bank. The following methods are used in collecting primary data. These are
a)     Direct interviewing: I have collected data from the branch manager, executives, officers and bank clients with the protested and well designed questionnaire.
b)    Personal communication: I have gathered data through personal communication with the officers, executives, managers and clients of the bank branch.
c)     Observation method:  I went to every department of four Banks and observe their activities.
Secondary data: Secondary sources are those which are published or processed materials. I have collected secondary data from the following sources-
1.     Various types of official documents
2.     Some published research report, books, journal and articles
3.     Personnel departments of four Banks
4.     File study, some books on Banking theory and practice
5.     Loans and advance manuals
6.     Different books of service marketing
Sample
Sample is a representative unit of a population. Few or all of the characteristics of population may posses by the sample. But it is mentionable that sample must be representative to the population. My samples are Branch managers, executives, officers and clients of the four banks.
Sample Area
Sample area means the scope of a research that will be conducted. Sample area is an important factor for conducting a research. I have taken Rajshahi Metropolitan City as my research area.
Sample size
Sample size means the range of sample that is how many samples are collected. Sample size is the great factor for getting tremendous result. The more sample size indicates the more accuracy of the research. I have tried to collect more samples as much as possible. My samples are shown in the below chart.
Table: Number of Different Sample Size
Sample unit
Number of sample
Branch managers
4
Executives
16
Officers
20
Clients
60
Total
100
Sample Selection Method
Firstly, I have taken stratified sampling method. Stratified sampling means- Population is classified according to their characteristics. I have classified my population as strata, company, deader and businessman. Finally, I have used purposive sampling method.


 Presentation

Data collection period
The necessary data have been collected from 10 March to 2 July. The study covers five years period from 2001-2006 of four Banks.
Techniques of analysis
The data have been tabulated and analyzed with the help of different financial ratios, statistical tolls and computer.

Data Presentation
I have used graph, chart, table and diagram to analyze the data.
Data collection area
Data have been collected from the Four Banks of Rajshahi Metropolitan area.
Rationale of the study
The world is changing rapidly. We have to adjust with the changes. But these changes have not come in day night. Different industries are responsible for this. In this regard banking service has been changed the world from the different corner like life style of the people, business system, production system, investment system, government policy, technological improvement, etc. for this I have selected this field.


Rationale of the study

Limitation of the study
In undertaking this study, a number of problems were faced. Thus the study has several limitations. The limitations are:
a) Lack of knowledge:
As a student, in the research field, I have no past practical experience of data collection, data processing, data analyzing, integrating and presenting. So it is a limiting factor for obtain accurate information. 
b) Lack of time
For the time limitation I could not gather more information to justify exact condition. The time constraints are limiting factors.
c) Small sample size:
The study is limited by the size of the sample. As the sample size is very small, geographical and regional differences could not be included.

Customers

f) Fund unavailability
I don’t have much financial support to conduct this study. I could not interview with more respondents covering the survey area.
g. Customers willingness
Most of the customer of the banks businessman and employee. So, they could not give me enough time to fill up questionnaire. Also they are not willing or afraid to provide appropriate data.

No comments:

Post a Comment